Working closely with the product team, you will proactively maintain the company’s database servers, including databases hosted in the cloud. You will be required to produce the database/reporting assets required during product development and to maintain, enhance and develop the data warehouses in use throughout the company’s product suite.
- To assist in the retrieval and analysis of data from production systems to be used elsewhere in the business.
- To proactively assist in the day to day operations of the company’s database infrastructure, including databases hosted in the cloud.
- To work alongside the software development team as and when required, in order to assist in the design and development of the company’s database and reporting systems.
- Provide regular, accurate and timely status reports to line manager and team, with regards to project status and issues, whilst following all internal processes.
- Assist in the maintenance of current products and providing support to the product support teams.
- Technical Degree (or similar e.g. Microsoft Certified Database Administrator)
- Substantial relevant working experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in SQL Server administration and support.
- Experience in a SQL Server development environment.
- Experience working with data warehouses.
- Excellent T-SQL skills, including query optimisation, query plan analysis, etc.
- Ability to diagnose performance problems in a SQL Server environment.
- Experience of cloud environments, particularly Amazon AWS.
- Knowledge of recovery models and backup/restore processes.
- Problem solving skills, with an eye for detail.
- Passionate and enthused by technology.
- Well organised, with ability to prioritise where necessary.
- Professional and mature personality.