The Business Analyst has three key responsibilities:
Responsible for requirements gathering and implementation of the ongoing reporting on business performance, product utility and value add information, identifying trends and presenting these to senior management and customers on a regular basis.
Responsible for investigation into and analysis of business systems (including associated processes, resources and systems), evaluating options to improve the operation of a business system, defining and documenting the business’ requirements for change and outlining the benefits against which the success is to be measured.
Implementing changes to the company systems and processes, introducing new digital tools and process to support efficiencies, new capabilities and scale, working with all stakeholders to ensure a better overall customer experience. This includes ensuring standardization across teams, successful change management and managing impact on reporting.
As part of the role, the Business Analyst will manage a team to support in the achievement of these objectives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Produce regular and succinct reporting on company and product effectiveness, feeding back value to customers both internal and external.
- Responsible for the reporting platform, accuracy of data and availability of reporting for customers both internal and external.
- Able to carry out market research and create white papers with rich narrative and data driven output including customer feedback, supporting exec level to decide on the business strategy or future investments.
- Use data modelling practices to analyse findings and create suggestions for strategic and operational improvements and changes.
- Responsible for the MSite Insights initiative to provide value-add reporting to customers based on customer feedback and best practise standards.
Systems Analysis & Recommendations
- Explore solutions and services across teams to identify new and innovative opportunities for business processes and produce written documentation to support your work, report on your findings and to present to stakeholders.
- Identify the processes and information technology required to introduce your recommendations.
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate feedback into the service, function, or product provided and required improvements.
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organisation as a whole and helping bridge gaps between departments.
- Communicate the benefits of your recommendations across departments and externally and help to address any uncertainty and concern.
- Responsible for the implementation of new systems and on-going improvement of existing systems and processes in conjunction with internal teams.
- Identify any risks regarding changes and develop a strategy to overcome or address these.
- Support staff /teams in making your recommended changes, including helping to resolve any issues.
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
- Act as point of contact for business change with internal stakeholders.
As part of management of the team, the Business Analyst is responsible for:
- Responsible for workload allocation for Digital Team requests and all deadlines met.
- Maintain pace with performance against team and company OKRs to achieve strategic goals.
- Project time tracking to identify if resource is required and to manage scope.
Degree level education or equivalent
Additional desired qualifications
Foundation in Business Analysis
- 3+ years experience in change management, transformation or business analyst role.
- 3+ years’ experience using Excel and / or Power BI (or equivalent) at an advanced level, specific capability in analyzing large amounts of data with advanced formulas such as VLOOKUP, etc.
- Understanding of data modelling processes.
- Sound economic understanding within business environment, with any construction industry experience a bonus.
- Must be comfortable working at CEO / Director level (internal and external customers).
- Should be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace.
- Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills.
- Can manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
- Effective team management skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including multiple project management.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Confident in communicating across internal teams at all levels.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, and informed risk taking.
- An ability to intimately understand customer and market needs.
- Able to run multiple projects and report on overall progress and dependencies.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, agile environment where requirements are flexible, but also willing to take full ownership over the role and tasks given.
- Drive to improve and provide a great customer experience.